Senior Project Engineer
- Listed 13/1/22
- Contract or Temp
We are exclusively partnering with an Area Manager
from an international mining company who requires a Senior Project Engineer (Civil)
to manage the delivery
and provide technical guidance of a major closure project
on a remote mine.
Working on a back-to-back with the Superintendent, this individual will coordinate
the head contractor, sub-contractors and design teams to ensure successful delivery of the capping and closure of an existing tailings dam
This is a FIFO client-side
role, flying to a remote mine site in the Northern Territory on a 2/1 (or similar) roster engagement. Accountabilities:
- Oversight of project programs and ensuring that the Contractor and sub-contractors complete works to meet programs, directing the progress of work and monitoring compliance.
- Provide daily support to engineers and supervisors to achieve targets in a safe manner
- Management of the day-to-day interface with contracting partners, providing a focus on safety and the environment, together with quality and engineering aspects.
- Work with the Superintendent to prepare work schedules and assign and communicate priorities
- Assessing and schedule employees to specific tasks, projects, or areas to meet changing priorities
- Effectively contribute as a member of the civil leadership team to help deliver goals and outcomes
- Ensure that risk management practices for personal risk assessments are undertaken and correct standard work practices are implemented and adhered to by all works teams.
- Liaise with Superintendent with daily, weekly and monthly work plans
- Liaise with the engineering service provider to respond to technical and design queries
- Monitor compliance in accordance with the project design and specifications
- Coordinate and monitor quality assurance and control for effectiveness
- Safety Leadership in developing a Safety Culture and ensuring contracting partners comply with Safety Policies and with all relevant HSE standards, regulations and practices
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in the mining and metals, oil and gas, or heavy industrial
- Strong background in managing tailings, geotechnical and/or bulk earthwork projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to laisse with a diverse stakeholder group
- Good technical understanding of bulk earthwork processes and civil drawings
- EPCM or Owner-side engineering experience is a must
This position offers a great opportunity to bring together your technical and leadership skills to delivering a unique closure project of a major tailings dam.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume in word format and we will come back to you accordingly.