Senior Electrical Engineer
- Listed 06/1/22
- Contract or Temp
- NSW Other
Senior Electrical Engineer Department:
Maintenance Reports to:
Maintenance Manager Immediate Reports:
Electrical Graduate Location:
Cobar Key Objective
The role requires the delivery of effective leadership, safety management and the delivery of technical guidance across the business to ensure operational compliance to regulation and Aurelia standards and to support asset performance to meet operational plans.
The role function will focus on building a safe work culture, development of people, development of effective systems of work, establishing compliance across our asset infrastructure and the management of effective projects to continue to build organisational capability. The outcomes of the work will support peers team members and team to meet their operational and business goals.
Tactics and standards to be delivered will be detailed within Asset Management processes.
The key deliverables associated with the role include:
· Hold the statutory requirements for the position
· Development and review the Electrical Engineering Control Plan (EECP), standards of Electrical engineering practice and procedures for the life cycle management of electrical plant and installations at the mine.
· Effectively communicate requirements to applicable personnel and teams.
· Provide electrical engineering support to the project, operations & maintenance teams.
· Review, authorise and supervise the design, installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair practices with a focus on safety, compliance, reliability, availability and efficiency. Principal Accountabilities Overall
· Implementation and maintenance of the EECP
· Engineering support to operational teams
· Project development and execution
· Reliability engineering and failure investigations
· Capital plan – development, preparation, submission and execution
· Development of Non destructive testing program for electrical assets
· Guidance and coaching of legislative requirements
· Development of site standards Electrical and Reliability Engineering
· Adopt and share engineering standards to assist with reducing hazards within the workplace.
· Support failure investigations to determine root cause of defects and asset losses
· Project management – problems are allocated and creative solutions are generated that meet functional needs and ensure engagement of stakeholders to ensure optimum solutions are realised.
· Adopt good practice project management practices to ensure scope is developed, proposals prepared and plans executed in an effective manner. EECP and Compliance (Standards Development)
· Development of the standards associated with the electrical engineering control plan.
· Support and lead the implementation of the standards across the business. Lead discussions and support training and awareness raising.
· Engage key stakeholders in the development of procedures
· Adopt a risk based approach to standards and procedure development to enhance the safety systems of the business.
· Engagement with the NSW Regulator to ensure compliance requirements are met and ensure that there are high levels of coordination with the Regulator.
· Undertake a schedule of regular site auditing against EECP standards – to use as both a preventative tactic and coaching opportunity for area leaders. Continuous Improvement
· Actively implement Aurelia improvement activities within the maintenance area.
· Actively encourage and support the team to deliver improvement ideas and waste elimination initiatives.
· Balance Business Plan (BBP) development with broad syndication and clear vision of the future.
· Manage a database of currently active projects and report on the progress and savings being realised. Capability Requirements (Skills, Qualifications, Licences and Knowledge Required to Achieve Principal Accountabilities)
· Hold a current practicing certificate under the N.S.W Work Health and Safety Act (Mines and Petroleum sites) legislation, for an Electrical Engineer
· Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering with minimum 8-10 years’ experience and the ability to meet the requirements of the Australian National Engineering Register.
· Computer literacy in Outlook, Word, Excel, Project & Auto Cad
· Thorough knowledge of Mine Electrical Legislative requirements
· Ability to hold the Electrical Statutory requirement
· Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management - written & verbal
· Ability to communicate and coordinate with various departments across multiple sites.
· Ability to support various projects simultaneously
· Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems
· Team player with the ability to work independently when required
· Self-Motivated, responsible and accountable
For more information please email me a cv to Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0481 566 930