Here at Concentis
we are partnering with a global mining client to source a Brisbane-based Electrical Project Lead- Functional Safety
responsible for the development and execution of a sustaining capital projects portfolio relating to automation
and functional safety
in a mining context.
As a Project Lead, you will cover requirements from the pre-feasibility
stage through to execution
on a range of functional safety, automation, and rail-mounted technology projects. Managing the project's budget, schedule, resources, plan activities and create and manage project documentation. This is a hands-on asset owner role, where you’ll utilise your technical background and strong project management skills to make a real impact on production and projects.
This role is a Monday-Friday Brisbane-based
opportunity, with plenty of WFH
flexibility. You will be required to head to site roughly once every two months traveling within QLD and all expenses covered, with projects demands this may increase. This is an initial 12-month rolling contract
, with projects expected to go through pre-feas to execution over the next 2-3 years
, making this a serious long-term opportunity.
- Project Management - ensuring effective transition between project phases, the definition of scope, ensure compliance and governance with business frameworks, project documentation, manage the budget, schedule, quality, resources, and risk management
- Construction - work with contracting partners through engineering and construction by providing technical guidance out in the field during execution activities
- Stakeholders - manage internal (projects team, operations, maintenance, management) and external stakeholders (contractors, consultants, local community)
- Safety - take responsibility for HSE culture and performance on projects
- Work on functional safety, rail-mounted machinery, and other automated fixed-plant asset type projects, managing the technical experts and project scope in parallel
- Degree qualifications in electrical engineering, RPEQ would also be well regarded.
- Experience in mining and rail-mounted machines essential
- Strong Project Management background, with the ability to work through scoping stages, execution, stakeholder engagement, etc.
- Functional Safety certificate
- Demonstrated experience in process and/or machine functional safety in a brownfield context
- Experience fostering relationships with various stakeholder groups to deliver optimal projects outcomes
- Someone who can work autonomously as well as in a team environment and takes accountability for their project portfolio
- Work with a tier-1 mining corporation with an ongoing sustaining capital project portfolio
- Longevity in the role for those that perform well and deliver projects to budget and timeframes
- WFH flexibility with a great work/life balance working with a compassionate manager who supports growth and development
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume in WORD format and we’ll be in touch accordingly.
__________________________ Supporting a Diverse WorkforceWe welcome and support all applicants, from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and impairments, and people from different cultural and religious backgrounds. Concentis and the partners we work with, are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to ensuring a working environment where everyone feels included and is treated fairly with respect and equal consideration.