We are partnering with a reputable Tier 1 global mining asset owner
who requires the services of an experienced Project Engineer
to deliver a wide variety of capital construction projects
at their Smelter based in Boyne Island QLD 4680.
Reporting to the Superintendent Projects, the Project Engineer will take ownership of a portfolio of projects delivering innovative solutions predominantly in the project implementation stage. About the role
Working in collaboration with Project Leaders and key Stakeholders you will be responsible for;
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare project deliverables required to initiate, develop and execute assigned capital projects
- Engage with stakeholders to investigate requirements, obtain inputs, identify risks and understand context
- Support the Execution in the delivery of the projects through the implementation process
- Contribute to the portfolio and team delivery strategies
- Undertake project related duties as defined by Portfolio Lead
- Through external and internal Stakeholders define and produce scopes of work and deliverables in line with project management processes
Why this role?
- Trade Qualification preferably within Electrical or Mechanical
- The ability to lead and work within a team environment adding value through highly effective relationship management.
- A sound understanding of the Front-End Loading process, with proven experience in the development of project business cases and financial justifications
- Proven experience in Risk and design processes that support safety in design.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team environment
- Proven ability to manage small to medium projects circa $10m
- The ability to manage the engineering design process and prepare project deliverables including; scope of work, specifications, execution plans, cost estimates, and schedule
- Effective stakeholder engagement and communication skills will be critical to success.
- Long term ongoing capital projects
- Opportunity to develop your Project Engineering skills with an employer of choice
- 5 day, 40 Hour week, Monday - Friday
If this sounds like you, please click on the apply now button below with your resume in WORD format, or call Billy 07 3186 6697 for further information.