- Listed 24/6/22
- Contract or Temp
Our client, a tier-one owner's team in the mining industry, is growing their Project Support Team
and is seeking a Contracts Specialist
or Contracts Administrator to provide strategic support in a brownfield projects environment
Reporting to the Team Lead, you will partner with multiple project managers and site stakeholders to provide end to end contract management
expertise on a range of capital projects spanning 3 + years.
This is a Monday to Friday
arrangement from Sydney to a mine in Orange
, offering flexible roster engagement and some WFH options. Responsibilities:
- Proactively contribute to Project Specific and Project Portfolio Contracting and Procurement Strategies – Plan, Execute and Maintain to ensure procurement packages are well defined and that the strategies align with business focus/priorities/needs
- Work closely with and support Project Managers and projects stakeholders to ensure all SOW’s, key Contract documents, and Contract types/mechanisms are selected on basis of minimising Commercial exposure, clear requirements/deliverables and associated risks are mitigated to tolerable.
- Lead commercial engagement of Supply, Site Works, and Engineering Services contracts including Tender & Bid List development, out to market, offer assessment, qualification & negotiation, conformance
- Administer contract compliance, assess claims and Variations, identify and exercise de-risk strategies, participate in progress meetings, promote clear and regular communication and reporting, engagement in dispute resolution processes, and commercial/contract close out
- Maintain a clear and concise record of key commercial documents and contract administration communication for each project package
- Tertiary qualified in business, engineering, or related law degree
- Demonstrated experience in the end to end contracts management of contracts in the mining, construction, oil & gas, or heavy industrial industries
- Proven exposure in managing a portfolio of contracts in a project environment
- Strong stakeholder relationship building and communications skills
- A good level of industry, process, and construction technical knowledge to enable an understanding of the related commercial and project risk
- Knowledge and working understanding of relevant industry acts and governance requirements
- Ongoing work within a multinational mining company
- Welcoming, inclusive team environment with a focus on development and support.
- Massive expenditure in the project pipeline, with great longevity
- A diverse range of projects and contract values
If you are wanting to make a move into the mining industry or onto the client-side
, please click APPLY
and submit your resume in WORD
format, and will be in contact accordingly.
_____________________________ Supporting a Diverse Workforce We welcome and support all applicants, from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and impairments, and people from different cultural and religious backgrounds. Concentis and the partners we work with, are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to ensuring a working environment where everyone feels included and is treated fairly with respect and equal consideration.______________________________