Approvals Specialist - Mining
- Listed 13/2/24
- Contract or Temp
Here at Concentis, we have partnered with one of Australia's Tier-1 Asset owners in sourcing an Approvals Specialist for their Major Projects team working on a water disposal treatment plan that will be executed in 12-18 months.
The Approvals Specialist role involves obtaining regulatory approvals for the Excess Water Disposal project. Working under the Study Manager's guidance and with support from the Approvals Lead, the specialist coordinates various regulatory approvals, including environmental, mining, heritage, and tenure. The focus is on ensuring adherence to project standards and facilitating the transition from tollgate to execution. Collaboration with approval consultants, project teams, and stakeholders is crucial during the study phase.
Key responsibilities include maintaining approval records, overseeing the approval consultant, reviewing documentation, liaising with stakeholders, and reporting approval-related risks and delays to the approvals lead. The specialist also contributes to drafting relevant sections of the toll gate report for the Study Manager and Approval Lead's satisfaction.
This role will be a casual 12-month contract starting in immediately. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Northern Territory and Commonwealth approvals legislation and policies
- Understanding of project and engineering documentation and interpret into approvals documentation
- Experience managing approvals consultant and biological surveys.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to ensure approvals deadlines are met.
- Ability to communicate and develop relationships with approvals consultants, study and program managers, and operation and site-based teams.
- Experience in the marine environment and with marine discharge approvals will be looked at favorably.
- Approximately five years experience in the same or similar role in the mining and/or processing industries
- Knowledge of approvals legislation related to the mining/or processing industries
- Experience in managing consultants, including schedules and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree - Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent
If this opportunity aligns with your aspirations, please hit APPLY or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Supporting a Diverse WorkforceWe welcome and support all applicants, from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and impairments, and people from different cultural and religious backgrounds.
Concentis and the partners we work with are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to ensuring a working environment where everyone feels included and is treated fairly with respect and equal consideration.